Do you enjoy helping people accomplish their wellness goals? Do you possess creativity and fun ideas you would love to bring to fruition?
The East Campus Recreation and Wellness Center is hiring a part-time Wellness & Nutrition Education Assistant to assist in the implementation and creation of wellness and nutrition materials, events, education and classes.
The Wellness & Nutrition Education Assistant will work alongside a Dietitian, Graduate Assistant, and Assistant Director to:
– Program and prepare to help lead cooking classes, cooking demonstrations, private classes, private rentals and accredited classes in the Wellness Kitchen.
– Create educational materials.
– Plan and represent at events such as: Walk @ Lunch, Lift Like a Girl, Big Red Welcome, etc.
– Create grocery lists and grocery shop for the cooking classes.
– Be a point of contact for cooking classes, rentals, private classes and demonstrations.
– Must be a current student at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln pursuing a degree in Health Promotion, Dietetics, Wellness, Exercise Science or a related field.
– Have experience or interest in the health and wellness area
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Good organization and planning skills
– Ability to work independently and in a group/team setting
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse populations we serve. The university fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential. As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See: http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.