Entry Level Position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Balances general ledgers for Accruals, Depreciations, Prepaids, Credit Life/Disability Claims, CU Direct
- Lending Fees (CUDL), as well as lending products like NewVista, Flood Zone, GAP Insurance, Extended Warranties, and TruStage.
- Reconciles the bank statements on a monthly basis which includes balancing of Corporate, Cashier’s, and Money Order Checks. Balances Wire Transfers and fees associated with wires.
- Pays Credit Union bills as approved by Management along with VISA Credit Card Expenses, Staff Expenses, and UNL Bills.
- Processes investments and wires, audits transactions, and assists in preparation for end of month reporting. Assists with quarterly reporting, ALM processing, and other monthly or quarterly tasks.
- Works with auditors and examiners to gather information as instructed.
- Serves as backup to ACH and EFT services, card processing, courtesy pay, share drafts and daily balancing.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- Education: (1) A two-year college degree or (2) and two years of related accounting education.
- Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Other Skills: Should have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, detail oriented and organized. Should have strong written and oral communication skills. Must have basic accounting knowledge. Must have knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must be able to operate a ten key calculator.