The Laboratory for Image Guided Immunotherapy (LIGIT) at UCLA strives to accelerate drug discovery and increase understanding of disease biology by leveraging the quantitative, longitudinal, and non-destructive properties of molecular imaging. The research program has interest in developing imaging probes that target immune cells. We seek to visualize the dynamic interplay between immune cell subtypes to increase our understanding of their role in cancer and fibrotic diseases.
To help achieve our goals we seek a highly motivated, self-directed postdoctoral research associate with a strong background in molecular and cell biology who is interested in applying their expertise to developing peptides/fibronectin-based constructs against immune cell targets. This candidate must also have a desire to learn metallo-based radiochemistry and molecular imaging specifically fluorescence, positron emission tomography (PET), and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) imaging. The preferred candidate will possess:
· Expertise in bio-panning (eg. Phage/yeast) and/or antibody engineering is highly desirable
· An entrepreneurial enthusiasm for converting exciting ideas to hypothesis driven scientific experiments
· Documented ability to design and execute experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and clearly articulate findings and present to a mixed audience of subject-matter experts
· An ability to thrive in an intense and evolving work environment
· A willingness and capacity to participate in preparation of grants and manuscripts
· Excellent communication skills with ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ph.D. in Molecular Biology/Cancer Biology/Pharmacology/Animal Sciences or equivalent with 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced research environment.
Candidates with extensive experience with protein expression and purification but limited to no experience in molecular imaging are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with strong backgrounds in protein engineering, molecular biology, and or phage engineering.
Please submit your curriculum vitae with the contact information of 3-4 references and a cover letter.