Company: United Way of the Midlands
Job Title: Marketing Intern
FLSA Status: Part Time, Non–Exempt, Temporary
Location: Omaha, NE
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and communications team in all stages of marketing needs. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels. This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
· Perform market analysis and research on other United Ways
· Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
· Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
· Prepare event presentations
· Help distribute marketing materials
· Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
· Help organize marketing events
· Help with productions and design needs
· Perform other marketing duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Strong desire to learn and work with professionals who are driven
· Solid understanding of different marketing channels
· Understanding and familiar with Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office
· Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics Google Adwords)
· Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
· Must pass all applicable background checks.
· Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Junior or Senior in a four year College or university majoring in Marketing with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Ability to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
· Regularly reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
· Occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to resume@UWMidlands.org
United Way of the Midlands is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.