Part Time Supervisor – General Summary
This is a UPS Buildings and Systems Engineering (BaSE) management position utilized to manage the automated systems while protecting the organization’s assets. The right candidate will work with a diverse team with a minimum of 27.5 hours per week. The right candidate will learn our automated systems inside and out while gaining other experience with the other programs that the BaSE function manages such as environmental compliance, regulated goods, facility management, vendor relations, process improvements, and project engineering. No two days are the same and many growth opportunities await you at UPS. A good candidate will be pursuing or have a degree in engineering or other technical field, have good communication skills, be organized, and motivated to learn the engineering side of UPS.
The individual will be responsible for creating and modifying reliability reports, attending safety meetings, and coordinating and following through with completion of repairs on conveyor systems equipment. The supervisor will also aid in the training of Maintenance Mechanics, perform energy and housekeeping audits and interact with operations personal performing training on conveyor equipment and addressing conveyor equipment reliability concerns.
The Part-time Supervisor shall be responsible for the following:
- Attending operations area safety meetings and addressing any concerns
- Coordination light maintenance repairs that are generated on daily equipment condition reports
- Aid Full-time Supervisors on day to day maintenance coordination
- Aid Full-time Supervisors on equipment breakdown investigations
- Generate and update conveyor reliability reports
- Training operations personal on proper use of conveyor equipment
- Perform weekly plant housekeeping audits
- Perform weekly plant energy audits
- Perform bi-weekly building safety audits
- Assist Full-time Maintenance Supervisor in the coordination of day to day repairs of package conveying equipment
- Performing audits that will ensure the facility is meeting standards for cleanliness, energy efficiency and safety standards
- Interact with equipment operators and address their concerns on building or equipment safety and conveyor equipment performance
- Use Maintenance management software (Maximo)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Access
- Install, apply and update application patches
- Generate reports detailing conveyor system reliability and reliability trend reports
- Analyze Technical Data
- Assist Full-time Supervisor during training of Full-time Maintenance Mechanics on regulatory compliance
- Train operation personal on proper use of conveyor equipment on a quarterly basis
- Strong oral and written communications skills, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Candidate should be familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Offices tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Background in Engineering or a Technical related field.