Wellness Intern – Fall 2021
Are you a current college student motivated to develop a career in the health and wellness field? Do you want to gain valuable experience with a company that has a robust employee wellness program?
Union Bank & Trust is now accepting applications for our Wellness Internship for the Fall 2021 semester. You will work alongside and learn from our experienced Wellbeing Advocate in a unique, hands-on opportunity to build your health promotion skills. The responsibilities of our Wellness Intern encompass a variety of wellness functions. This role will assist the Wellbeing Advocate with planning, developing, and coordinating Union Bank & Trust’s wellness program, UBTwell.
Important Note: This is an academic internship that can be used for school credit. Candidates that are selected to move forward in the process will be required to submit an academic letter of reference from a professor in their field of study.
- Assist Wellbeing Advocate with planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the bank’s worksite health promotion programs. Programs include wellness challenges, monthly programs and activities, and the lunch program.
- Provide creative and educational opportunities for employees in terms of health and wellness.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Wellbeing Advocate.
- Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required.
- Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Junior or Senior in college pursuing a degree in community health, health promotion, exercise science, nutrition, nursing, athletic training or a related field required.
- CPR certification required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and in working with design programs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Effective communicator
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Accurate and detailed
- Project motivated
- Indoor/Outdoor work –may be exposed to outdoor elements or hazards when teaching fitness classes.
- Some travel required.
- Some sedentary work and lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Work schedule includes some evenings and weekends.
Hours: Part Time Internship; we will work within the chosen candidate’s Fall 2021 academic schedule.
PLEASE VIEW THE APPLICANT TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled