About the Role
We are looking for current students to join the Safety and Insurance Analytics team as an actuarial intern during the Summer of 2021 (12 weeks). Uber’s global Safety & Insurance business organization is responsible for further developing, creating, and constantly innovating on processes and products to ensure Uber continues to raise the bar on safety for riders and drivers. The actuarial team within the insurance group focuses on providing accurate financial evaluation of risk and delivering insights to allow informed decisions in regards to safety and insurance.
This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually-curious intern to make an impact on Uber’s insurance team. This position will focus on supporting Uber’s domestic insurance programs. So if you’re ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you’ve got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality – read on and apply!
What You’ll Do
- Utilize Excel, SQL, R, and/or Python to extract and organize data and perform actuarial analysis
- Update, build, and enhance recurring actuarial pricing and reserving analyses, including industry benchmarking, loss distribution analyses, and ILF studies
- Develop, review and communicate descriptive statistics to provide insights into Uber’s innovative insurance programs
- Contribute to prospective and retrospective monitoring of loss and exposure trends and associated actuarial assumptions
- Communicate and present analysis findings to actuarial leadership
- Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams
- Currently enrolled in a BA/BS program in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Prior internships or other work experience preferred
- Graduating in 2022
- Familiarity with property and casualty insurance a plus
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Excel skills, experience with SQL, R, VBA or Python preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively present technical topics to insurance leadership
- Great organization skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
- Enthusiasm about Uber
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.