Careers at The U.S. General Services Administration
Are you interested in an entry-level federal government job in Kansas City? Do you want to make an impact while enjoying flexible work schedules, fantastic benefits, and enriching career development opportunities? Join our team at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and find out why we’re one of the Best Places to Work in the federal government!
We are currently recruiting for positions in the following career tracks.
The Public Buildings Service the landlord and real estate agent for the entire federal government. This organization has the following position available:
- Contract Specialist: As the federal government’s premiere contracting agency, GSA is the ideal place for applicants interested in a contracting career. As an advanced entry-level trainee, you will assist in performing acquisition planning tasks and in awarding and administering a variety of contracts; developing and preparing contract solicitations and modifications; negotiating contracts; evaluating technical submissions, bids or offers for responsiveness to the solicitation; performing price analysis and post-award duties as they relate to property acquisition.
- This position is located in several areas outside of Kansas City, based on the applicant’s preference, to include: Omaha, St Louis, Des Moines and Topeka
- Realty Specialist: As a Realty Specialist you will perform a wide range of acquisition and/or federal space management work for complex realty transactions. As an advanced entry-level trainee, you will learn the duties and responsibilities of a Realty Specialist which includes exercising full responsibility and authority performing a variety of real estate work related to the acquisition or disposal of real property.
- As a Realty Specialist in the acquisition track, you will review space requests and work with clients to deliver workplace solutions, develop analyses of aspects of all Federal building projects, perform lease administration functions, assist in assignment or reassignment of federally owned, leased and rent-free space, and coordinate the completion of occupancy agreements on all federal projects and lease projects.
- As a Realty Specialist in the disposal track, you will participate in the disposal plan and strategy development process which may include exchanging strategies and entering into lease or permits as appropriate, maintain and update the Real Property Utilization and Disposal system of record for disposal case, service case and other project information on a continuous basis, and assist with performing surveys of Federal real property to insure that Federal agencies are fully utilizing their land holdings in accordance with Executive Orders.
There are also additional positions located across the country, should you be interested. We will discuss all of these opportunities during our virtual information session. Please see below on how to receive an invite.
What We Offer:
- Orientation Session, an engaging orientation designed to provide information on program components, requirements, roles and responsibilities, and other essential information
- Technical training
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for rapid advancement, including potential annual promotions while in the program
In addition, you will receive a wide array of benefits, including:
- Multiple health insurance plans & life insurance
- Vacation, sick leave & 10 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules & telework opportunities
- A monthly transit subsidy
- An outstanding retirement plan
GSA’s core mission is to help federal agencies buy smarter, reduce their real estate footprint, provide efficient, cost saving technology and create a better, faster federal government. We leverage the tremendous buying power of the federal government to acquire best value for taxpayers and our federal customers. Our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, which makes us a great place to start, build, and expand your career!
We employ nearly 12,000 employees nationwide. Headquartered in Washington, DC, we have eleven regional offices located across the country; Atlanta, GA, Auburn, WA, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Fort Worth, TX, Kansas City, MO, Lakewood, CO, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC.
Who We Are Looking For:
Talented, motivated students who are looking to build their career at GSA, and who:
- Will graduate by June 30, 2021
- Will be available to start work in August 2021
- Have graduated within the past 2 years (or within 6 years for eligible veterans)
- Are U.S. Citizens (As a federal agency, all of our employees must be U.S. Citizens)
How to Apply
Submit a resume in response to this job posting by the resume submission deadline. You will then be invited to a virtual information session where you will receive additional information on how you will formally apply to the position via USAJOBS.
The United States General Services Administration (GSA) is a Federal Government Agency.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application will be made on a case-by-case basis. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job.