Job Title: STUDENT TRAINEE – Office Automation
Position Grade: GS-03 – 04
Hiring for: Fall 2020 / Spring 2021 / Sumer 2021
Available Locations: Sault Ste. Marie, MI
- As a student trainee, this position receives on-the-job training performing one or more (but not limited to) of the general office duties required to provide general office clerical support utilizing office automation software and peripheral hardware.
- Responsible for using varied functions of two or more of the following software types: word processing, spreadsheet, USACE Enterprise Systems, and additional software to per perform a variety of functions.
- Responsible for performing one or more of the tasks such as: answering telephones and receiving visitors, distributing mail within the immediate office, maintaining time and leave records, ordering and maintaining office supplies, composing routine correspondence, and assisting with inventory of government property.
- Responsible for providing assistance to higher level employees, by performing duties such as: gathering data for reports, using reference materials to assist office staff, and running errands inside/outside of the office unit.
Student : Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges) or other qualifying educational institution on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled.
– All positions require the applicant to be a citizen of the United States
– The position will be filled with a direct hiring authority
– For additional information on USACE and our career paths, please visit: http://www.usace.army.mil/Careers/