Job Title: STUDENT Civil/Environmental Engineer
Position Grade: GS-03 – Promotion Potential GS-11
Hiring for: Fall 2020 / Spring 2021 / Sumer 2021
Available Locations: Detroit, MI | Grand Haven, MI | Sault Ste. Marie, MI | Duluth, MN
– This position is designed to prepare a student trainee for employment after graduation as a Civil Engineer. Assigned tasks are designed to increase familiarity with the real world work environment of an engineer.
– As a student engineer assist in developing projects in the Great Lakes region that support navigation and coastal infrastructure, ecosystem restoration, and flood reduction projects.
– Work includes providing design analyses and calculations for navigation locks, dams, levees, dredging, breakwater structures, and ecosystem restoration projects.
– Utilize numerical models and field data to perform structural, hydraulic, geotechnical, and environmental analyses of riverine and coastal projects.
– Analyze and develop designs, drawings, proposals, specifications, and cost estimates.
– Develop construction schedules, review submittals, and perform inspections and quality control assurance to help ensure safe and high quality construction projects in coordination with contractors and subcontractors.
Student : Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges) or other qualifying educational institution on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled.
– All positions require the applicant to be a citizen of the United States
– For additional information on USACE and our career paths, please visit: http://www.usace.army.mil/Careers/