Warrant Officer pilots are tasked with commanding the Army’s fleet of helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).
In order to become an Army pilot, you must first past Warrant Officer Flight School, where you will learn to fly a variety of missions, depending on the type of aircraft in which you choose to specialize.
Warrant Officer Flight School candidates are commonly recruited from the civilian world and high schools in a policy known as “high school to flight school” and “from street to seat”.
What is a Warrant Officer?
As the technical experts in the Army, warrant officers manage and maintain many of the Army’s combat systems, vehicles and networks. Once they reach the rank of chief warrant officer two, they are commissioned by the president and receive the same status as a commissioned officer.
- Command and control operations during land combat on the unit level
- Pilot helicopters, UAV, and fixed wing aircraft for a variety of missions
- Train and counsel Soldiers on various areas of technical specialty
- Command operations that combine armed companies on the battalion, brigade and division levels
- Develop doctrine, organizations and equipment for a variety of missions
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training requires six weeks at the Warrant Officer Candidate School, followed by attending the Warrant Officer Basic Course, where you’ll learn the basic skills of becoming a warrant officer.
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities
- Also, College tuition paid 100 percent the entire time you are in the service.Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $50,000 Student Loan Repayment.
- Up to $86,536 to go to college AFTER the military with your rent covered by the Military for 4 years. (Can be used by you or split amongst your immediate family members)
Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $50,000 Student Loan Repayment
- Free housing (or your rent paid directly) and utilities 100 percent covered for you and your family
- Free Medical and Dental for you and your family
- 30 days paid vacation.
- Free Travel.
- And much, much more…
You must be:
- Under 35
- No Major Law Violations (Sexual Misconducts, Domestics..)
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least a green card (I-551)
- High School Diploma/GED holder
- No Major Medical issues (Missing Limbs, Mental Health Issues..)