About This Job
College Student Friendly open to all educational degree fields!
Horizontal construction engineers use bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy equipment to move tons of earth and material to complete construction projects for the Army. They are also responsible for operating tractors with dozer attachments, scoop loaders, backhoe loaders, hydraulic excavators, motorized graders and scrapers. This position is part time and typically requires an individual to work one weekend a month and around a 2 week full time period in the summer.
You can also have the opportunity to convert to full-time positons
- Analyze the information on grade stakes and placing them
- Drive bulldozers, road graders and other heavy equipment to level earth
- Clear, grub, strip, excavate, backfill, stockpile and push scraper with tractor crawler
- Cut and spread fill material with scraper
- Transport heavy construction equipment with tractor-trailer
- Assist in performance of combat engineer missions
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for horizontal construction engineer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operation of different types of construction and rough terrain equipment
- Maintenance and repair of equipment
- Identification of soil types and placement of grade stakes
- Paid training
- Salary Pay
- 401(K) type savings plan
- Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage)
- Select Reserve G.I. Bill Up to $26,712
- Tuition Assistance – up to $4500 per year up to a Master’s Degree
- Student Loan Repayment – up to $50,000 in college loan repayment
- Signing bonus – up to $20,000 in cash bonuses
- Total incentives for education can reach up to $103,712
In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must:
· Be a US Citizen or Hold at least permanent residence (I-551/Greed Card)
· Have no major medical issues
· Have no major law violations (Felony level)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now and within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email from our recruiting team, directly.
Adam Boktor Sr
United States Army Recruiter
About U.S. Army and Army Reserve
We offer full time (Active Duty) and part time (Army Reserve) opportunities in over 150 careers of your choosing