Turtle Beach Corporation (corp.turtlebeach.com) is one of the world’s leading gaming audio and accessory providers. The Turtle Beach brand (www.turtlebeach.com) is known for pioneering first-to-market features and patented innovations in high-quality, comfort-driven headsets for all levels of gamers, making it a fan-favorite brand and the market leader in console gaming audio for the last decade. Turtle Beach’s ROCCAT brand (www.roccat.org) combines detail-loving German innovation with a genuine passion for designing the best PC gaming products. Under the ROCCAT brand, Turtle Beach creates award-winning keyboards, mice, headsets, mousepads, and other PC accessories. Turtle Beach’s NEAT Microphones brand (www.neatmic.com) is all about creating the next generation of microphones, with products that embrace cutting-edge audio technology and innovative design. Turtle Beach’s shares are traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the symbol: HEAR.
Turtle Beach believes diversity in the workplace creates an environment where different perspectives lead to improved creativity, productivity, team member engagement, and overall employee happiness. We’re simply looking for the best persons for the job, and if that’s you…let’s talk!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct and manage the execution of global product development plans including curation of multi-year forward-looking product roadmaps across different territories and management of products across multiple business categories.
· Manage and maintain model and business category level P&Ls, present and justify business cases to all levels of the company including the executive management team.
· Manage Product lifecycle from concept through production, and launch planning through end of life.
· Responsible for assuring cross-functional product project management and communication with engineering, marketing, sales, finance, and operations.
· Monitor and record industry trends and new technologies to develop innovative product concepts
· Lead creation of internal documents communicating product and feature set, product objectives, and positioning.
· Act as product evangelist; use influencing skills to gain agreement on key product and feature aspects across internal and external stakeholders.
· Support the sales and marketing teams in external retailer meetings and at a range of external events.
Desired Skills and Requirements:
· Keen interest and fundamental understanding of gaming, gaming culture & demographics, and familiarity with key manufacturers, developers, and existing technologies in the industry.
· An understanding of the latest gaming and technology data and trends in gaming to use as a basis for creating and recommending products that are right for the market.
· Ability to see trends and understand the product-specific competitive landscape, while possessing the aptitude to see the big business picture affecting our brands.
· Ability to develop strong internal relationships as the owner of products and the point of contact for those products across departments.
· Must have excellent oral, written, and multi-cultural communication skills.
· Capacity to interface with all departments and levels within the company as well as domestic and international distributors & retailers, gaming organizations, licensors, and other partners.
· Must be highly detail-oriented, adaptable, and have technical skills, and be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
· Ability and willingness to travel. This position requires occasional day and overnight trips away from the home office based in San Diego, CA.
Education and Experience:
· 1-2 years of experience in product marketing/product management or related role at multi-territory consumer electronics companies, gaming hardware companies, and/or games publishers.
· Experience in managing consumer-facing products targeting gamers and/or younger demographics.
· Understanding of the PlayStation and Xbox console landscapes, as well as PC gaming.
· Microsoft program (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications desirable.
· Research experience and ability to identify key trends and opportunities valued.
· Ability to manage in a fast-moving organization.
· Gamers strongly preferred!