TTI is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team at the Product Compliance Test Center.
The Product Compliance Test Center (PCTC) at TTI is responsible for ensuring the safety, reliability, and performance of new and existing products. A Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, programming, testing, and maintaining various test systems to support the PCTC and other TTI objectives. These test systems include mechanical systems, electrical systems, automated control systems, and network based DAQ systems, and will directly support regulatory certification, R&D engineering, quality, and other test processes completed at the PCTC. The Systems Engineer will work directly with product project engineers and lab personnel to develop new test processes and improve existing ones.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop new test systems, including automation, data acquisition, and control systems, to support PCTC projects and new product development.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in existing applications or systems
- Identify and implement modifications to existing systems needed to meet changing development or regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to project engineers and lab personnel in assessing new and existing test procedures and systems to support and enhance PCTC objectives.
- Train and mentor engineers on new test fixture design and use.
- Write technical documentation, including CAD drawings, electrical schematics, and software documentation for new and existing applications and systems.
- Assist in manage outsourced relationships with 3rd party vendors and development/programming consultants.
B.S. in ME, EE, CS, or related field or equivalent experience.
Experience in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering practices
Experience with National Instruments hardware and LabVIEW software design
Experience with control systems design and implementation
Experience with sensor and actuator selection and implementation
Experience in 3D CAD software
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong analytical problem-solving skills
Ability and willingness to learn
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) or Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) certificate.
Web development experience