Position: Underwriting Analyst
To Apply: Please apply through Handshake or via email to email@example.com
Position Description: We are looking to bring on several paid interns to join our growing team and learn about analyst and brokerage positions at True Rate. This role will be a great entry level real estate position for a hungry and analytically minded person looking to break into commercial real estate and gain exposure to the day-to-day responsibilities of a real estate analyst.
Responsibilities (We will help train you)
· Assist with prospecting and production related to client outreach
· Assist with client and business related data entry and data analytic processes
· Assist in modeling income and cash flow for commercial real estate properties, incorporating current market trends.
· Gain familiarity with T-12s, Rent Rolls, Net Operating Income and comparable calculations
· Research relevant rent, sales, cap rate, and expense comparables.
· Research and report on industry trends by sourcing both quantitative and qualitative data.
Preferred Experience & Characteristics
· Prior commercial real estate internship experience preferred
· Analytical, high-energy professional with exceptional attention to detail.
· Curious and adaptable team player.
· Ability to multitask by attending to multiple forms of communication (phone, email, Teams, etc.) while continuing to make progress on projects at hand.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, and excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
· Ability to meet deadlines and take personal ownership to achieve team goals.
· Ability to give and receive constructive guidance and coaching from other team members and management.
Company Background: TrueRate is a investment sales and capital markets real estate advisory firm and marketplace that connects commercial real estate owners with leading financing capital sources. Built by owners for owners, TrueRate leverages strong financing relationships and user-friendly technology to facilitate a more efficient, transparent and competitive bidding process that results in optimal financing terms.
We believe that in achieving our user-centric strategies in concert with deployment of predictive analytics and process digitization should allow us to rapidly grow our market share in this fragmented market. To assist with the realization of this mission and strategy we are looking for a competent, entrepreneurial team player who will contribute to rapid business growth.
Prior to our entry into the mortgage brokerage arena, we have successfully built a vertically integrated investment and operating platform that grew from 0 to ~10,000 apartments in 4 years. We aim to replicate that pace of growth in the mortgage brokerage space. Our focus will be to grow our book of business through superior borrower experience combined with an array of analytics that decreases the human capital needs of loan brokerage. TrueRate offers a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that empowers our team to grow quickly and make a distinct difference in people’s lives. Notably, TrueRate is a meritocracy that enables employee participation in the growth of our business.
You must be willing to submit to a drug test, background check and credit check with acceptable results. EOE/DFW