Trinidad Benham Corporation has exciting opportunities for an Agriculture Intern in our Gering & Bayard, NE plants. We are a national leader in the consumer food products industry. We process and package beans, rice, popcorn, and household aluminum foil. We are the largest dry bean packer in the United States. Our customers include major grocery chains and foodservice companies throughout the country. We are respected around the world for integrity, category expertise, dedication to quality, and superior customer service.
This is a very hands-on role with direct exposure to experienced and knowledgeable crop scouts, farmers, and company management. Upon successful completion of a designated internship program, interns may be eligible to join Trinidad Benham after graduation. Internship compensation consists of a competitive hourly pay rate and reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job. You will receive health care benefits, basic and supplemental life insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, and more!
The internship will involve the responsibility of the following projects:
- Field Scouting – evaluating bean fields
- Crop Assessment – checking plant population and plant health
- Analysis – compiling and analyzing test plot data of strip trials
- Field Representation – collaborating with seed providers and bean growers
Duration: Late May 2021 – Early August 2021 (12 weeks)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
- Must have at least a Junior status and major in Agricultural Business, Soil and Crop Science, Seed Breeding, Operations Management, Food Science or related fields with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Ability and willingness to live in the area of the designated Trinidad Benham plant during the internship.
- Desire to work in a manufacturing and agricultural environment.
- Must have a clean motor vehicle record and valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership, persuasive and analytical skills, and a strong work ethic.