US – CO, Westminster
START DATE MAY/JUNE 2021
Trimble Agriculture provides solutions that solve complex technology challenges across the entire agricultural supply chain. The solutions enable farmers and advisors to allocate scarce resources to produce a safe, reliable food supply in a profitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Covering all seasons, crops, terrains, and farm sizes, Trimble precision agriculture solutions can be used on most equipment on the farm, regardless of manufacturer.
Driving efficiency and profitability in the field, we offer field solutions for vehicles and implement guidance and steering; flow and application control; irrigation, drainage, land leveling, land forming, terraces, and waterways; harvest and yield monitoring; and a broad suite of correction services to meet your accuracy needs.
Our Trimble Ag Software provides farmers with tools that support better management decisions and drive profitability. Tracking field records, implementing precision agriculture practices, and measuring ROI become simple and efficient, thanks to this industry-leading mobile app.
Below is a sampling of common summer internships offered by our Trimble Agriculture Division. Qualified applicants will be pursuing an agriculture degree and have relevant knowledge and experience. Precision farming experience is preferred.
- Support the product management team on the next phase release of the products.
- Become intimately familiar with product requirements
- Work with developers to make sure that new features are created according to marketing requirements.
- Work with Marketing Communications to develop Train the Trainer documentation, end-user documentation, and bulletins
- Work with the development team(s) on complex, multi-dimensional, projects, and learn valuable leadership skills
- Learn how to effectively work under pressure and as part of a team.
- Manage Advanced Release/Beta program for the new phase of the solution – collect user feedback and use it to shape the product
- Help develop creative briefs and other marketing materials for Sales and Marketing projects and programs
- Execute marketing activities, including email campaigns, social media, service, and product bulletins, and display advertising to drive visitor engagement and lead generation
- Develop quarterly regional marketing plan and support content marketing strategy
- Create and launch a global pull campaign to encourage local end-users to feature their operation on Trimble’s Virtual Farm VR application
- Develop training materials for Sales Enablement/Partner Marketing Tool
- Create 1-2 nurture email campaigns on Trimble MarketSmart for dealer use
Technical Support Engineer
- Provide technical sales assistance and technical support on problems of diverse scope, to distribution partners, end-users, and internal Trimble teams on precision agriculture hardware and software products
- Provides an opportunity to interact with Precision Agriculture and GPS systems used by the modern day farmer. This includes, Autonomously steered far equipment, implement and machine controls, and crop sensors.
- Participate in the technical training of staff and clients in the use of company products
- Diagnose out-of-box failures and warranty replacements
- Work with the field sales team to identify the customers who have a deep understanding of what technology is available and learn to gleen the most value from their ideas
- Work directly with key dealers and customers to understand what their unique pain points are and learn to merge and filter them into logical and coherent bullet points for the greater team to consume and ideate
- Learn to be an effective communicator and advocate for what the market needs while tempering it with multi-regional perspective and education
- With this Trimble Internship, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best engineering talent, in a collaborative environment, on products that are actually being used to transform the way the world works.
- As a Testing Intern, you will be working on projects that include on-vehicle systems testing, performance data
- acquisition and automated software testing.
- Prepare our next-generation tools and technologies for market release by using these tools and technologies in the field and office and documenting the workflows and performance
- Provide pre-release technical information and technical content for documentation to the product support team and documentation group, as well as post-release assistance with troubleshooting issues
- Learn and perform best practices in product and solution testing
- Work with sales and marketing teams to define regional target markets for key customer segments.
- Analyze Data, Revenue Projections, Aftermarket Sales Opportunity Areas, PAM/TAM Analysis, In Field Interviews
- Assist in sales follow up for lead generation campaigns
- Work with field sales and support teams to address customer interest
- Create weekly sales call sheets
- Create Dealer Sales Resources for in field sales, update and launch new tools to internal and external channels
- Product sales resources, guidebooks, “How To’s” and FAQ’s
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D