Transamerica Institute® is a nonprofit, private foundation dedicated to identifying, researching and educating the public about health coverage and wellness, retirement and other relevant financial issues facing Americans today. Its Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies® (TCRS) conducts research and outreach to educate people on trends, issues, and opportunities related to saving and planning for retirement and achieving financial security in retirement. TCRS engages with the public through in-depth surveys, analysis and reporting of research findings, a comprehensive website, and traditional and social media. Transamerica Institute is funded by contributions from Transamerica Life Insurance Company and its affiliates and may receive funds from unaffiliated third parties.
Support Transamerica Institute and its Center for Retirement Studies in their research and outreach on retirement, health aging, personal finance, financial well-being, and health coverage. This person will assist with the report creation and publication of research findings, creating and uploaded website content, Twitter content and scheduling, including:
- Conduct desk research on select topics related to the Institute’s mission by identifying and reviewing publications from academia, think tanks, governments.
- Assist with creation of survey research reports and communications pieces utilizing PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Materials include comprehensive reports with extensive charts and graphs, white papers, fact sheets, infographics and shareable images, which are for publication to external audiences and can be found on www.transamericacenter.org and www.transamericainstitute.org.
- Work with public relations team to extend the reach of the content.
- Assist with the analysis and reporting of TCRS retirement- and aging-related research on those in and out of the workforce, retirees, and employers.
- Build content and assist with the maintenance of TCRS (www.transamericacenter.org) and Transamerica Institute (www.transamericainstitute.org) websites.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team on project that helps employers recruit and retain experienced employees, including website content, website development, and research.
- Analyze website usage (utilizing Google Analytics).
- Assist with TCRS Twitter account (@TCRStudies) including drafting and publishing content, and monitoring traditional and social media for relevant content.
- Take an active role in creating an environment of innovation, collaboration, transparency, accountability, and trust.
- Candidates must be actively pursuing a degree. Fields of study include social sciences, gerontology, marketing, PR, communications, English, among others. Candidate must not graduate prior to completion of internship.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel skills.
- Solid research skills
- Ability to execute social media campaigns, curate content, and implement calendars utilizing scheduling tools.
- Ability to work independently, as well as take direction, and collaborate in a remote environment.
- Website CMS skills and Google Analytics a plus.
- Experience creating graphic content such as infographics and shareables preferred.
- Working remotely.
- Office Environment