The Business Analytics Internship is open to current students able to work part-time during the fall semester at a max of 20 hours per week. The position falls within Transamerica’s Workplace Solution division and will be supporting our Advice Center Sales Operations.
The Business Analytics Intern will gain real-world, hands-on experience and learn best practices of data management through tools such as Alteryx and Tableau. By working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals, the successful candidate will bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our customer needs. Your personal success will help drive our success.
By working collaboratively with other interns, data analysts, and client groups, the Business Analytics Intern will be responsible for:
- Data cleansing and research
- Systems interaction
- Dashboard/reporting development
- Data Analysis/Data Mining/Data Management/Data Quality
- Lead creation
- Marketing liaison
- Process management
- Project work/prioritization
- In pursuit of BS or MS degree in a technical field (Finance/Business, Accounting, Statistics, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, or related)
- Able to work 16-20 hours/week, ideally on a set schedule (i.e. M/W/F, T/TH)
- Desire to learn data management tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, or Salesforce; prior experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized and self-motivated, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Strong written & verbal communications communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detailed-oriented, reliable, inquisitive, and ambitious
Internship Program Eligibility
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university pursuing a specific degree program.
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their college education or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship.
Transamerica Internship Program
Throughout our paid internship program, our interns gain practical experience within the Financial Services and Insurance industry while exploring their career interests. Interns are treated as valuable members of their team and work on projects impacting our business while allowing the intern to apply the knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-world, professional setting. Through our Build Your Network program, roundtables with department and executive leaders, we provide our interns with direct access and ample opportunities to network with department leaders and other professionals throughout the company. Students can expect to develop valuable skills in communication, personal effectiveness, presentation, creative problem solving, influencing, and more over the course of the program.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.