Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. a leading manufacturer and distributor of office products solutions is seeking a Quality Engineer for our Toner Products Division located in Mitchell, South Dakota.
- Design, implement and maintain quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished products. Perform product quality planning activities, create Control Plans, Process Flows, PFMEAs and Capability Studies. Establish quality standards for products and processes and suggest modifications meant to prevent defects.
- Design methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products. Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product design, product management and production, to identify and mitigate quality risks.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal/external safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Analyze reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures where necessary. May lead root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities or other quality failures. Identify problem areas and solutions using analytics such as 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagrams, and other continuous improvement tools/methodologies. May ensure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards (i.e. GLP, GMP, ISO, Six Sigma).
- Conduct internal audits (product, process, system) and report as necessary. Audit production processes, raw materials or suppliers/vendors to ensure that established quality standards are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment with quality assurance engineering responsibilities and demonstrated understanding of Process Flows, PFMEAs and Capability Studies
- Must be cable of using inspection equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, set and accomplish objectives
- Able to work with multiple teams to resolve quality issues
- Must be computer literate, with strong MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 programs and standards.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing principles and tools
- Must be team oriented with the ability to collaborate to mitigate quality risk
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Pet Insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.