We are looking for a Software Engineer with an understanding of autonomous vehicles and expertise in computer vision, LiDAR data, or object tracking. As Software Engineer on our Active Sensing/Perception team, you will develop and test software components and algorithms for autonomous systems. You’ll also be involved in creating systems that detect, classify, segment and predict obstacles in the vehicle’s surrounding environment.
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week during Spring, Summer and Fall 2020.
What you’ll be doing:
Developing and testing C++ ROS software along the TORC perception pipeline, including object detection, classification, and tracking.
- Candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience programming in C++ and ROS (Robot Operating System) and with efficient, clean code
- Experience in robotics and/or self-driving technologies
What we want to see:
Experience working with:
- Computer Vision
- Lidar Processing
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- C++ Libraries
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills
- Python Experience
- Multithreaded software development
- Structured software development, automated testing, and deployment process