At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
About the Role
We are seeking a Map Creation Engineer Co-Op to help with the map creation and localization process used to enhance robotic driving.
As part of the mapping and localization team, you will be able to create maps that give automated vehicles awareness of their environment. You will also be presented with opportunities to develop your own scripts to improve the map creation process.
- Create and maintain map data used to enable autonomous driving
- Improve map creation processes
- Perform Quality Control and perform data conversion
- Propose ideas for process improvements
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for the duration of their co-op.
- Candidate must be a full-time student currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in GIS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with Linux
- ArcGIS, Python, SQL, QGIS, JOSM is a plus
- Desire to learn and willingness to help with a variety of tasks