Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain an environment that is customer-focused with a standard of excellence as it relates to timeliness and reliability in processing invoices and paying vendors.
- Maintain accounts payable procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Complete entire accounts payable process within strict designated daily and monthly deadlines.
- Ability to exercise judgement in evaluating completeness and accuracy of invoices submitted for payment.
- Research inquiries concerning payables management.
- Assist with processing employee expense reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with managing vendor insurance certificates and vendor service agreements to ensure vendor compliance.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with vendors in reference to their accounts.
- Create, organize and maintain accounts payable vendor files.
- Assist with preparing annual 1099’s and 1096’s.
- Assist with new vendor and utility account set-up for corporate acquisitions.
- Ability to understand and apply basic accounting principles related to accounts payable including payment reconciliation, account code structure, internal control, and purchase order accounting.
- Perform other related accounting functions as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including operating a Windows-based environment, spreadsheets, word processing, and advanced skills in Excel.
- Yardi Voyager and/or OpsTechnology online procurement software experience helpful.
- Demonstrates ability to develop relationships and motivates others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, analytic and process management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to understand and react to diverse needs.
- Maintains financial and confidential information
Compensation: Joining the 1TP team comes with competitive pay, comprehensive benefit package including: PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401k and other coverage. We also offer rent discounts at our communities to team members!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test & background check.