We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent is membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Our top-rated summer internship program is designed to give college students relevant work experience in specific functions, providing a deeper understanding of the processes of a Fortune 500 organization. The program offers interesting challenges, valuable experience, and an opportunity to get to know Thrivent. This 12-week internship is a key piece of Thrivent’s entry-level talent program to ensure a strong talent pipeline to meet the needs of the organization now and into the future. The internship program offers assignments to refine your skills and experience while giving you exposure to multiple business areas.
- Learn and apply actuarial techniques (including specialized software)
- Help build spreadsheets and analyze data to answer real-world questions
- Develop actuarial and analytical skills through a variety of individual and team projects
- Participate in meaningful and rewarding personal and professional development
- Build lasting relationships with professional networks
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- You have strong problem identification and problem-solving skills
- You showcase well-developed written and oral communication skills
- You exhibit strong leadership skills
- You are self-motivated with strong personal management and organization skills
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field
- Enrolled in junior year with a proven history of academic performance (GPA 3.5+ preferred)
- Passing of at least 1 exam recognized by the Society of Actuaries, and active preparation for additional exams preferred
- Ability to work in the United States for an indefinite period without sponsorship
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Offering competitive compensation
- Full intern event program including development, networking, and social activities
- Interns coming from greater than 50 miles from their campus or home location, are eligible for a relocation stipend.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.