Situated in the waterfront neighborhood of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, Thor Companies is looking for passionate and driven students to join our rapidly growing sales team. The Recruitment Consultant is responsible for finding and engaging with best-in-field Life Sciences Professionals (permanent or contract) and connecting them with our clients, who are leading pharmaceutical, CRO, biotech, and medical device companies. If you want to be a part of building something and play a pivotal role in the future of something exciting, then we want you!
- Networking with life sciences professionals (candidates) and growing the candidate pool
- Screen candidates for roles and sell their resumes to our clients
- Manage the entire recruitment process – including engagement of initial interest from candidates, resume submission, the interview process, and the negotiation of contracts and salaries
- Manage ongoing relationships with placements and clients to ensure continued satisfaction following candidate start date
- Strategic Planning and Market Mapping
- Business, Communications, Life Sciences, or a related degree
- Proficient in the English Language is required
- Hardworking, entrepreneurial attitude
- Ambitious, competitive, and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have the right to work in the United States
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full training and support throughout your career; we understand that it can take time to learn the skills you need to be a successful headhunter and will guide you through the learning process
- Our Directors are fully integrated in the company and are always on hand to offer advice or role-play difficult situations. They also conduct beginning and on-going training.
- Career Progression that suits you. We recognize that one size does not fit all; therefore, we work with you to ensure that you can progress the way you want to.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An uncapped Commission Structure with no threshold – you will earn on all your billings
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 20+ personal days in addition to annual leave for unplanned emergencies
- 2 Annual Company Holidays: a summer trip and a winter ski trip
- 5, hour-long lunch beaks
ABOUT THOR COMPANIES
Thor Companies is an international specialist recruitment agency with offices in New York, London, and Stockholm. Our recruitment services cover three core brands: Life Sciences, Infrastructure, and Tech. Thor is not your typical recruitment agency. The foundations of our company have been built upon a unique blend of British proactiveness and productivity, coinciding with Scandinavian efficiency and the cultural awareness of its own people and geographies.
Thor is a big advocate of work-life balance. Efficient working during core hours ensures that the business does not have to subject itself to the long hours that most recruitment companies still stand by, even in 2020! Most of Thor’s consultants are out of the office at 5:30 each day, allowing everyone the time they deserve to enjoy all New York has to offer.
Thor prides itself on our culture – a fun, dynamics, entrepreneurial environment where everyone has a voice and ideas are implemented, all the while still enjoying a high-performance culture and being part of a fantastic journey. Company holidays twice a year are for the entire company, not the chosen few, and our unrivaled commission structure leaves out the threshold that so many companies hold their consultants’ earnings down with.
In 8 years, we have built a successful brand in arguably the most competitive industry in the world. We have successfully launched 3 international offices and boast over 60+ full-time staff. We are now ready to create succession and take the company to the next phase of growth. We are always looking for entry-level and experienced recruiters to come and join the fun and be part of something they can help build.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Thor Companies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.