SUSTAiNLi, a Denver-based, technology pre-funding start-up is seeking a short-term, contract Data Engineer to construct, write algorithms, and lead the data discovery, collection, analysis and building of the software architecture for a new AI-based ranking system prototype. The scope of your responsibilities will include web-scraping, data extraction, data analytics and the ability to organize the data as well as develop toolsets. The primary goal of this position is to create a proof of concept that can be shared with potential investors.
Location: Ideally, Golden, Denver, Boulder or other Colorado location but remote locations should apply too.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
· Ability to create an AI-based prototype from A-Z
· Familiarity with open source large datasets and the best data sources to utilize
· Strong understanding of web scraping techniques, data extraction and how to analyze crawling processes, create data pipelines
· Experience with Python, Pandas, and NumPy
· Proficiency in designing efficient algorithms, performing analysis, determining modeling method and evaluation
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Ability to create innovative solutions to complex analysis requirements
· Conduct statistical analysis, set up experiments, formulate hypothesis and evaluate statistical significance to identify meaningful insights, communicate findings and provide recommendations
· Experience with AI/ML
· Computer Science degree or equivalent
· Strong experience working on complex projects.
· Familiarity with one or more of the AI disciplines (e.g. Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis Testing).
· Ability to implement algorithms into software to train systems to recognize patterns and perform specific functions
· Ability to build scraping infrastructure and ETL Pipeline.
· Strong familiarity with web scraping and common frameworks.
· Understanding of statistics / linear algebra / quantitative research methods
· Industry or academic experience in software design and architecture.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Ability to clean, process and combine data from different sources.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
· Experience preparing data for one or more interactive data visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, and/or Data Studio
Requirement: Must be willing to sign an Non-Disclosure Agreement
Compensation: $50.00 per hour, project will take approximately 80-100 hours
Start Date: April 2020
Contact: Shahla Hebets