Theatre Aspen Content Creation and Marketing Specialist: Winter/Spring 2021 Internship
Theatre Aspen is seeking a responsible, deadline-driven, creative and motivated Content Creation and Marketing Specialist Intern to work with us remotely in the Winter/Spring Semester 2021.
The ideal candidate is interested in working with an award winning regional theatre company in the Marketing Department, assisting the team with all tasks involved in developing and executing marketing, branding and business strategies.
The successful candidate will work on assigned projects independently and with additional team members at least three times per week.
• Takes the lead in creating & editing video, photo, and graphic design for marketing materials throughout the semester.
• Brainstorms campaign ideas and monitors various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns and adjusts strategy according to findings.
• Provides suggestions to management for improving user experience on social platforms and internal processes based on proactive independent research.
• Learns and becomes proficient on internal platforms, including systemic audits and updates.
• Completes final independent project that compliments TA programming rolled out in the Spring.
• Ad hoc assistance with TA Events as needed
• Responsible for completing other duties as assigned by the designated due date.
Requirements / Skills:
• Junior, Senior or Graduate level currently enrolled college students located in the United States majoring in business, marketing, digital media, communications, visual or performing arts with an interest in further developing their skills in sales, marketing, design, communications, advertising, public relations or a related field.
• Experience with Adobe Suite or other content creation platforms.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning and professional skills.
• Self-motivated and results driven, with an eye for detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to adhere to a schedule, meet deadlines and prioritize in a changing environment.
• Have a creative mind that is able to adapt to multiple voices, and a passion for theatre.
• Excellent communication, personal and professional skills. Prompt responsiveness to company communications is required.
• Responsible for recording all hours worked to turn-in to university and Theatre Aspen Team.
• Monday to Friday
• Content Creation: 1 year (Preferred)
• Remote – 10 hrs a week
• Theatre Aspen will cover ground transportation costs and lodging in Aspen, CO at least twice in the semester for in person check-ins and/or events.
Internships are typically 45-55 hrs of work per credit hour
This role anticipates 160 hrs of work over a 16 week semester = 3 credit hrs
To apply, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining examples of how your past work relates to this internship specifically, your resume, and the email address and name of two professional references (at least one should be from your university). Applications are due by November 30th, 2020
Since 1983, Theatre Aspen has been rekindling a sense of discovery in audiences who live in and visit the Roaring Fork Valley by producing big theatre in a small space with intimate storytelling. Each season at Theatre Aspen promises to bring world-class theatre dramatically closer, with innovative and imaginative productions of both plays and musicals, complemented by an assortment of community events including late-night cabarets, educational programs and performances, collaborations with other Aspen arts organizations, and new works presentations. Theatre Aspen also boasts an impressive Apprentice Program, one of the largest in the country, devoted to training the next generation of theatrical artists and administrators. To learn more about Theatre Aspen visit TheatreAspen.org