An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For over 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
Our Brand Marketing and Corporate Communications Team is looking for a part-time communications specialist who will collaborate with others across the company to tell Scoular’s story of growth and innovation. We seek a curious individual who thrives on learning about our business, people and customers worldwide and strives to write engaging, clear and accurate copy tailored for different audiences. Join Scoular, and you’ll work with a creative and inclusive communications team that will help you to grow your storytelling, writing and editing skills.
- Conduct interviews, perform basic research and write content to support Scoular’s corporate communications and brand marketing functions, including company intranet stories, internal memos, press releases, power point presentations and marketing collateral.
- Post content to intranet: Write engaging headlines, collect complementary photos, perform basic editing/proofreading, including seeking opportunities to present information in alternative story forms (Q&As, photo galleries, videos, etc.)
- Assist with special communication projects.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as email and press release distribution.
- Performs work under direct supervision. Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses beginning knowledge of corporate communications. Degree in journalism, mass communication or related field of study.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to accuracy
- Sense of urgency and curiosity
- Ability to work at a fast pace and juggle multiple writing assignments at once
- Understanding of AP style, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in Omaha, Nebraska, work 24 hours per week
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer