THE ROCK CHURCH – INTERN EXPECTATIONS FOR ASSISTING PASTOR
The vision for Rock Church is to reach “One More.” To achieve the vision, our mission is to pursue, influence, and multiply. As the Rock Church continues to reach “One More,” there is a need for interns to help achieve the vision and mission so that God can be glorified, and we can help advance His Kingdom on the earth.
As an intern in being an assisting pastor, you will be responsible for assisting in all areas of ministry. The interns will report to the Senior Pastor. The intern’s focus will be to provide high-quality and excellent service, with the right heart and attitude, offering support to any pastoral call or need.
· Age 16+
· Letter of Recommendations
· Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel..
· Ability to adapt to change in challenging situations.
· Passionate about using influence to reach “one more” from God.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Evidence of leadership skills (i.e., active listening, influence, responsibility, etc.)
· Demonstrates leadership practices (i.e., modeling, inspiring, strategic thinking, etc.)
· Proven track record at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
· Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding leader and member information.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot technical difficulties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Gain a working knowledge in the preparation of weekend worship services and special events.
· Gain a working knowledge in the design and implementation of service structure
· Gain a working knowledge of pastoral duties (i.e. funerals, weddings, hospital, home, & assisted living visits, council & elders, meetings, etc.)
· Gain a working knowledge in training future leaders/volunteers.
· Gain a working knowledge of assimilating the first-time guests to fully devoted members.
· Gain a working knowledge of church systems and their functions.
· Clearly communicate the vision and mission of The Rock Church.
· Other duties as assigned.