Summer & Fall 2021 (May/June – December preferred) / 40 hours per week
Housing allowance available to qualified candidates
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. However, due to current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements could be subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Systems Integration, you will be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer working together with an assigned mentor in a cross-functional team environment. Your assignments will include design, analysis, and testing of mechanical systems and components with a focus on new product development. Typical areas of design may include (among others): bolted or welded joint design, sheet metal design, finite element analysis of structural components, cost analysis, and design for manufacturing.
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Strengths of Materials, FEA/Stress Analysis, Statics, Dynamics, Fatigue, Machine Design and 3-D solid modeling (Creo preferred)
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. lab technicians, designers, engineers, leadership staff)
- A working knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis
- A general knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Strong presentation and communication skills – comfortable presenting to a diverse audience
- A creative, energetic, and hands-on approach for designing, prototyping, testing, and problem solving is desirable
- Learn corporate tools and methods to develop mechanical solutions
- Learn design for manufacturing methods to manage product cost
- Work in a corporate team environment to develop creative, efficient, and economical solutions
- Collaborate with Product, Manufacturing, Reliability and Test engineering groups
- Communicate your design solutions to a cross-functional audience
- Implement your design improvements onto industrial work vehicles
Mechanical Systems Integration is dedicated to updating and developing new components and subsystems used on fork truck products. The Systems Integration team at The Raymond Corporation provides research, design, and development expertise to new product development programs. These programs may be applicable to new fork truck features and/or options. As a member of our Systems Integration team, you will collaborate with our Procurement team and cross-functional engineering teams within the organization to progress your ideas and designs forward through the product development process.