Summer & Fall 2021 (May or June – December) / 40 hours per week
Housing allowance available to eligible candidates
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. However, due to current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements could be subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
As a Software Engineering Co-Op in the Telematics Software Engineering department, you will be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support. You will be working closely with other Raymond Software Engineers to accomplish small to medium sub-tasks within our software team. You will be exposed to interesting technologies and software designs. You will be afforded a degree of autonomy to analyze existing systems and contribute to new development. You will test and debug your work. You will go through forklift training to understand the interaction between the telematics device and the lift truck. Based on your skill set this position can be tailored to match your area of interest.
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technologies: C, C++, Linux, Java, Android, Kotlin, Swift or Objective C
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. tech specialists, engineers, leadership staff)
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward problem-solving
- UI/UX design
- Modern C++ (11 or greater)
- Writing, debugging, and modifying code
- The software design may be based on the system functional specification, existing Raymond practice, and/or industry best practice.
- Utilizing good thought processes in the application of software design
- Developing applications in an embedded Linux environment or the android platform
You will be performing these duties to contribute to the overall projects currently within the department. Design and development of leading edge software is crucial to our product. The successful co-op should expect to leave with a better understanding of Software design Programming techniques and debugging skills.
Telematics Software Engineering is a fast moving software team that is responsible for the design and implementation of telematics products, as well as post-production software issues that arise. The team provides technical expertise to design and implement novel solutions to everyday problems. The team is also mindful of value added features and development to continue to improve our product offerings. We strive to meet company deadlines in a timely manner.