Summer & Fall 2021 (June – December) / 40 hours per week
Housing stipend available to qualified candidates
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. However, due to current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements could be subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
As a Software Development Co-Op on the Internal Tools team, you will help gather requirements and develop unique applications to be used by other team members of the Embedded Systems Team to improve the overall software development process. The work done as part of this co-op will allow you to dive into the essentials of the software development life cycle and provide you real world experience in every step of the process to improve your skills as a software developer/engineer.
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field.
- Experience in one or more programming languages (C#, Java, C++, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Problem solving skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office toolset (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- C# and/or Object Oriented Programming experience
- Fundamental understanding of the software development life cycle
- Prior engineering co-op, internship, lab work, or project work experience
- Source Control experience (Git, SVN, etc)
- Create programs that accomplish a wide variety of objectives, including data management, spreadsheet formatting, etc.
- Work with and maintain existing code bases while developing new software
- Research new features and prospective additions to Company projects.
- Automate Hardware in the loop and Software in the loop testing by developing Python scripts or C# applications to assist our continuous delivery system
The Embedded Systems department is a diverse team with a wide array of skill-sets, allowing us to be flexible and take a creative approach to problem solving. The department is comprised of four core functional areas: Systems, Controls Software, Internal Tools, and Test. As the Embedded Systems department, we are responsible for developing and maintaining truck software, HIL and SIL testing, as well as truck system architecture.