Summer & Fall 2021 (June to December) / 40 hours per week
Housing stipend available to qualified students
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. However, due to current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements could be subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
As an Embedded Software Engineering Co-Op in Embedded Systems, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality embedded truck software utilizing the C programming language and our custom-engineered software development life cycle process. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, determining solutions, and implementing changes to resolve various design issues that support production, reduce warranty, and/or fulfill customer requests. In addition, you will complete forklift training and acquire your forklift operating license in order to assist in your learning of the products, testing of prototypes, and determining solution activities.
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field.
- Experience in C programming language
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills in order to successfully interact with a diverse group
- Ability to learn through online research (Stack Overflow, Googling, etc)
- Fundamental understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience in multiple programming and/or scripting languages
- Prior engineering co-op, internship, lab work, or project work experience
- Source Control experience (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Matlab / Simulink experience
- Create programs that accomplish a wide variety of objectives, including data management, spreadsheet formatting, application development, etc.
- Maintain existing code bases and develop new features to specification
- Investigate and fix issues in existing code
- Research new features and prospective additions to Company projects
The Embedded Systems department is a diverse team with a wide array of skill-sets, allowing us to be flexible and take a creative approach to problem solving. The department is comprised of four core functional areas: Systems, Controls Software, Internal Tools, and Test. As the Embedded Systems department, we are responsible for developing and maintaining truck software, HIL and SIL testing, as well as truck system architecture.