Summer & Fall 2021 (June or August – December) / 40 hours per week
Housing stipend available to qualified candidates
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. However, due to current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements could be subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
As an Electrical Engineering Co-Op in our Energy Systems Group, you will be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support. You will be innovative and given the opportunity to design, analyze, and test electrical components, assemblies and subsystems within our Energy Storage Solutions group. You will be assigned projects requiring you to work with various teams within the organization in order to gain a better understanding of how the work you accomplish impacts other divisions of the business. You will go through forklift training and acquire your forklift operating license in order to assist in your learning of the products, testing of prototypes, and determining solution activities.
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Circuits, Digital Systems, Linear Systems, Digital Electronics and programming in C ( or C++ or C-sharp)
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. lab technicians, designers, engineers, leadership staff)
- A general knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- Strong presentation and communication skills – comfortable presenting to a diverse audience
- A creative, energetic, and hands-on approach for designing, prototyping, testing, and problem solving is desirable
- Research and design experiments for the validation of complex designs to insure compliance to company standard
- Prototype electronic circuits and/or systems for proof of design concept
- Design and develop prototype software for embedded micro-controllers to validate functional conformance to requirements
- Prototype hardware and software test equipment for circuit verification
Energy Systems is dedicated to updating and developing new components and subsystems used in lithium ion products for fork trucks. The Energy Systems team at The Raymond Corporation provides research, design, and development expertise to new product development programs. These programs may be applicable to LIB performance, features and/or options for the fork truck products we manufacture and the technologies used parallel typical circuits and systems found in automotive and commercial products. Design and development in the Electrical Systems group is accomplished using state-of-the-art lab equipment and software working with leading partners in the industry. As a member of our Energy Systems team, you will collaborate with our Procurement team and cross-functional engineering teams within the organization to progress your ideas and designs forward through the product development process.