Summer & Fall 2021, Part-Time (duration 6-12 months) / 20 hours per week
Housing allowance available to qualified candidates
Please note: This co-op is designed to provide an on-site work experience. Due to COVID and current capacity restrictions, this assignment has the potential to include remote (possibly up to 50% or more) work projects. The remote work requirements are subject to change at any time based on future pandemic developments.
Our Communications Co-Op will earn practical experience as a fully integrated member in corporate communications, contributing to the company’s storytelling engine. This Co-Op will work closely with the Corporate Communications Specialist to help employees stay informed about the company’s vision, goals, key initiatives, products, and people across multiple locations and Toyota Industries Corporation, Raymond’s parent company.
The Co-Op will be mentored to become a driving force for employee engagement, leadership communication effectiveness and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and innovative culture. The incumbent will be engaged in interesting technologies and tools, and will be afforded a degree of autonomy to manage projects and complete assignments.
- Actively engage in internal meetings, participating in company-wide initiatives and priorities
- Craft, edit, and proofread content for company-wide messages
- Deliver compelling content with a passion for storytelling and employee engagement
- Use a diverse set of communication platforms and channels including digital messaging, a newly launched intranet, web apps for e-authoring presentations, videos, graphics, and more
- Develop work instructions to guide and train associates on uniform communication standards
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BA or MA in journalism, public relations, English, organizational communications or a business related field
- Speak, write, and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work
- Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate
- Technical familiarity with SharePoint, e-authoring programs, digital signage, and videos
- Strong presentation skills – comfortable presenting to a diverse audience
Corporate Communications is part of our Corporate Human Resources team and responsible for communication to associates at all sites. Corporate Communications is a fast moving, agile team, providing authoring and technical expertise to design and implement communications solutions. The team is mindful of continuous improvement to evolve with technological developments that best serve our associates.