As a Co-Op in Connected Manufacturing, you will be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support. You will be responsible for designing and creating Python code that can properly interpret machine data inputs and generate actionable information. You will work with SQL databases for data storage and retrieval. Depending on your skillset, you may assist with PowerBI reporting.
- Design and develop python code that can read and interpret machine data streams and produce normalized outputs
- Verify that the outputs of your code match reality by visually monitoring the machine and comparing to code output.
- Create SQL queries to read from and write to databases
- Design and develop HMIs to allow collection of data directly from shop floor associates, and provide visual feedback.
- Train other engineers & shop floor associates on how to use the systems you have designed.
Connected Manufacturing is responsible for implementing Industry 4.0 across all of the company’s facilities. The team uses cutting-edge software tools to collect and interpret data, and present it in actionable form to those who can use it to improve processes across our company. As a member of the team, you will collaborate across departments and sites to help further our [the] department’s goals.
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- A strong desire to be hands-on and spend time on the production floor understanding machine outputs
- A working knowledge of software
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. manufacturing operators, engineers, leadership staff)
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward problem-solving
- A working knowledge of Jython/Python (we use Jython)
- A working knowledge of SQL (we use MS SQL)
- A working knowledge of Ignition (by Inductive Automation)
- Strong presentation skills – comfortable presenting to a diverse audience