The Naples Players is searching for motivated, confident, and creative young theatre artists for their 2021 Summer Internship Program. Interns will work closely with the professional, full-time staff members in mounting the theatrical season and all related events.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Enrolled full or part time, or recent graduate at a college or university
- Majoring/minoring in Theatre, Theatre Education, or applicable degree
- Minimum of 1 semester under degree
- Basic knowledge in area of interest
- Basic scenic painting
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Organization & efficiency
- Excel, Word, Google Drive, or any relatable software
- Ability to work with older volunteers
Scenic Interns will work in the scene shop directly under the Technical Director and Resident Scenic Designer & Artist learning construction, scenic painting and artistry, collaboration with designers, design and construction deadlines, and crew management over the course of the summer. As they progress through the summer, interns will have increased responsibility and demonstrate learned skills through leading groups of volunteers in various scenic projects. Qualified and interested Interns will also have the opportunity to assistant, co, or full design sets for various productions.
Interns are evaluated throughout the summer, starting with an orientation which establishes the goals and expectations of the summer. Interns will meet with the Internship Director one on one two weeks into their program, then on the first Friday of every month after for evaluation, ending with an exit interview which encourages and open dialogue about their experience.
The internship is paid and housed. TNP covers all costs associated with the housing, which is located walking distance to the theatre and to downtown Naples. Start and end dates are negotiable based on school schedule.