The Naples Players is searching for motivated, confident, and creative young theatre artists for their 2021 Summer Internship Program. Interns will work closely with the professional, full-time staff members in mounting the theatrical season and all related events.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Enrolled full or part time, or recent graduate at a college or university
- Majoring/minoring in Theatre, Theatre Education, or applicable degree
- Minimum of 1 semester under degree
- Basic knowledge in area of interest
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Organization & efficiency
- Excel, Word, Google Drive, or any relatable software
- Basic painting, carpentry, sewing, and other craft related skills
Props Interns will work in the prop department directly under the Technical Director, Company Manager, and Resident Scenic Artist learning budget, prop research and fabrication, designer collaboration, crew management, and organization. As they progress through the summer, interns will have increased responsibility per show and demonstrated learned skills through efficiently propping shows and leading groups of volunteers as Prop Heads. Interns will also work closely with the Department Heads Costumes and often work with and leads groups of volunteers in various prop projects.
Interns are evaluated throughout the summer, starting with an orientation which establishes the goals and expectations of the summer. Interns will meet with the Internship Director one on one two weeks into their program, then on the first Friday of every month after for evaluation, ending with an exit interview which encourages and open dialogue about their experience.
The internship is paid and housed. TNP covers all costs associated with the housing, which is located walking distance to the theatre and to downtown Naples. Start and end dates are negotiable based on school schedule.