The Lakes Church is currently seeking a team-oriented, mission-minded individual to work alongside our current staff between 25-30 hours each week. This position offers a great deal of flexibility to suit the scheduling needs of the candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references.
Technology & Media Specialist Job Description:
The Technology & Media Specialist should have a firm grasp of the Gospel, graphic design, semantics, and 21st century technology; being able to both creatively express the heart and mission of The Lakes in a way that generates interest and draws others to The Lakes and to Jesus, as well as support, maintain, and advance our use of technology.
· Design, create, print, outsource and/or oversee all marketing material for use inside and outside of the church.
· Assist staff with writing projects, add polish and passion; wordsmithing.
· Maintain all bulletin boards & bathroom posters within the church.
· Help in any way needed to prepare for special holidays/events.
· Build relationships with volunteers. Delegate duties to church members as needed/possible.
· Maintain church website & member portal.
· Produce daily biblical reflections and other miscellaneous videos
· Maintain/improve technological systems throughout the church including, but not limited to:
· The church network and Wi-Fi
· Video production studio
· Worship center livestream system
· Worship center sound system
· Worship center presentation/projection system
· Children’s ministry A/V booth
· Office computer setups
· Security system
· Phone system
· Assist staff and ministry leaders with tech issues
· Produce media for Sunday Services and miscellaneous events
· Oversee Sunday morning tech team
· Coordinate with Church Administrator regarding ChMS
· Create graphics for and schedule social media posts/campaigns on the church Facebook and Instagram accounts.
· Print, bind, & organize curriculum and class materials as needed.
· Manage any mailing projects as needed.
· Create & oversee sign-up processes for groups & events.
· Provide a sounding board for other staff in regards to class/event/group titles from a marketing & outreach perspective.
· Create/print/provide any needed materials for special events such as baptism certificates, funeral bulletins, etc.
· Manage/order/maintain church office assets & supplies including but not limited to: printers, folding equipment, paper/tape/staples/clips/etc., envelopes, custodial supplies, kitchen supplies, etc.
· Proficient with Adobe, Publisher, Canva or other graphic creation software.
· Ability to learn new technological programs and systems
· Networking & WIFI
· Social Media Marketing
· Knowledge of:
· Windows 10
· Microsoft Office
· G Suite
Overview of our technology:
· Social media: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube
· Email provider: G Suite for nonprofits
· ChMS and website: Faithlife
· Operating systems: Windows 10 and macOS
· Security system: Ring
· Phone system: 8×8 Express
· Livestream software: Wirecast
· Presentation software: Faithlife Proclaim
· Soundboard: Behringer X32