Oscar Mayer Spokesperson (Hotdogger)
Hot Dog Highways of America
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Full Time, 1-year paid assignment
An Oscar Mayer Hotdogger…
- Is an outgoing, creative, friendly, enthusiastic, recent college graduate who has an appetite for adventure and is willing to see the country through the windshield of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile for one year!
- A representative of Oscar Mayer as a brand ambassador through radio and television appearances, newspaper interviews, grocery/retail events, charity functions, and a variety of other activities
- “Meats” and greets people from coast to coast, while maintaining the company car (Oscar Mayer Wienermobile)
- Works with internal and external consumer promotions, marketing and sales professionals
- Manages their own traveling public relations firm on wheels; organizing promotions, contributing to brand social content and pitching TV, radio and print media
- Represent the Oscar Mayer brand as you crisscross the hot dog highways of America
- Execute over 200 events during your one-year tour
- Pitch and appear on local television, radio, or newspaper media
- Create social content for multiple Oscar Mayer social platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Maintain and drive our 84-year-old icon and piece of American pop culture, the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Coordinate all aspects of Wienermobile travel logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in public relations, journalism, communications, advertising, or marketing, though applicants are not limited to these degrees
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outgoing, friendly, passionate, and enthusiastic personality
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- Required valid Driver’s License including a favorable driving record (a driving record will be requested as part of the recruitment process)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and applicant WILL NOT require employment visa sponsorship
- Must be able to work major holidays
- Desire and ability to spend the year on the road as an ambassador for Oscar Mayer
- Must be comfortable with daily road travel in the Wienermobile and staying in hotels or short-term corporate housing throughout the United States
- Experience working with the public/customers
- Prior travel experience is beneficial
- As a highly autonomous position, organizational and time management skills are critical to success
- Understanding of popular social media outlets
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Mindset & Behaviors
- It is important that Hotdoggers are trustworthy, flexible, outgoing, people-people that can be self-motivated and positive throughout their travels/tour
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories