Position Overview: The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School is seeking a dependable professional to support our Early Childhood/Elementary School students who ride the bus to (and from) school.
This is an amazing opportunity for individuals who are passionate about serving children and families, demonstrate expertise when working with students (outside of the classroom), and are available in the morning and afternoon.
- Ensures students are safe (for school arrival or school dismissal) while the bus is in operation and when escorting students to/from respective classrooms
- Supports parents and school personnel with safe loading and unloading of students; coordinates seating of students, as required by State Transportation Guidelines
- Implements rules and regulations, adhering to policies and standards established by the NYC Department of Education and The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School
- Documents and communicates with School Campus Directors, Social Workers, and parents concerning student background, medical issues, and/or behavior incidents, as appropriate
- Attends all professional development opportunities, in-service meetings and/or training courses offered by TEP
- Outstanding family engagement and communication skills; ability to inspire confidence and excellent customer service
- Demonstrates a wide range of student (behavior) management techniques, at a master level
- Students respond seamlessly to non-verbal cues and re-directions
- Displays excellent de-escalation strategies and techniques in high-energy situations to maximize safety of students and service to parents/guardians and community
- Exemplifies expertise in all functions of the role, in alignment to TEP’s organizational vision for excellence
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required
Required Daily Availability
- Approximately 7:10 AM to 8:10 AM (for bus arrival to school) and 3:10 PM to 4:10 PM (for bus dismissal from school).
- Length of morning and afternoon shifts may vary (depending on the specific bus route)
- The Senior Bus Specialist is responsible for obtaining and maintaining NYSED and NYCDOE mandated certification
- The Senior Bus Specialist is paid a premium rate of $50 per hour
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter below. In order to be considered for this position. Your cover letter must detail your specific experience working with middle school students. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.