Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the operations team of The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, which has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results.
Given The Equity Project’s revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who can effectively and enthusiastically maximize the operational efficiency for our brand new state-of-the-art Middle School campus, home to TEP’s 480 fifth grade through eighth grade students and families.
Position overview: The Middle School Operations Specialist is a dynamic role that requires the expertise to manage extensive school operations. This individual will maximize the school’s operational performance and customer experience, by managing and refining operational systems, executing short-term and long-term strategies, and supporting TEP’s growth.
Join us for an VIRTUAL Operations Info Session!
Learn more about TEP’s vision of Operational Excellence, what it’s like to be part of the TEP community, and how YOU can join our collective mssion to achieve educational equity for all students
1.Oversee TEP Customer Service Culture
- Support training of front line staff
- Ensure welcoming, solution-oriented service for students, families, staff, & visitors
2. Manage Technology Support Vendors
- Interface with Tech Consulting Firm to support staff and student technology
- Manage Copier Vendor to ensure functioning machines
3.Plan & Manage School Events
- Work alongside Director of Operations to coordinate logistics of graduation, family events, concerts, and special events
- Manage all Field Trips Logistics
4.Manage Administration of all NY State Assessments
- Coordinate all logistics of state testing
5.Manage Data Systems
- Ensure that all student data is updated in TEP’s Student Information System and ATS
- Minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant role
- Working knowledge of school systems, preferred
- Experience working with technology, preferred
- Growth mindset and interest in developing as an operations leader; ability to manage operational needs if/when the Director of Operations is unavailable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Exhibits strong communication skills and writing ability
- Complete Spanish fluency
Accountability: The Middle School Operations Specialist reports directly to TEP’s Middle School Director of Operations
Compensation: The Middle School Operations Specialist, earns a competitive salary in the range of $70K to $80K based on the individual’s experience level, with benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. The Middle School Operations Specialist – Bilingual has approximately 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days).
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter through our the TEP Charter Careers page HERE.