Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the leadership of The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, which has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. Given The Equity Project’s revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for a proven leader who can effectively and enthusiastically lead the operations of one of our campuses, as The Equity Project expands from a 480-student middle school to a 1200-student Kindergarten through 8th grade school.
Position overview: The Director of School Operations is a dynamic role that requires the expertise to provide exceptional client services by managing extensive school operations. This individual will maximize the school’s operational performance by developing and refining operational systems, designing and executing short-term and long-term strategies, supervising operations staff, and serving as an operations expert.
- Develop the school’s current and long-term operational capability by leading all non-instructional operations, including:
- NY State Assessments; coordination of logistics related to state testing
- Data systems (i.e. TEP’s Student Information System and ATS)
- Student Recruitment and Enrollment
- Student Transportation; managing student transportation logistics (i.e. yellow bus, Metro Cards) and the relationship with DOE’s Office of Pupil Transportation
- Technology Support Vendors; serve as TEP’s management liaison with all technology vendors
- School Food Program; oversee the set-up of school meals with the Department of Education, ensure compliance with Department of Health, and the timely distribution of meals for all students
- Plan & Manage School Events
- Direct logistics of school ceremonies and special events
- Manage all Field Trips logistics
- Partner with professionals at all levels to maximize operational performance according to the seasonal activities for the school
- Influence operational excellence and collaboration
- Provide leadership and training for the Front Office Team
- Co-Manage Facility & Security Personnel Team
- Ensure a culture of customer service and solutions-oriented support for students, families, staff, and visitors
- Minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant role
- Strong project management and supervisory experience required; displays the ability to manage strategic operations and influence direct and indirect reports
- Energized by the prospect of managing projects and initiatives, while adhering to sensitive timelines and modeling excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Exhibits strong communication skills; bilingual Spanish fluency, preferred
Accountability: The Director of Operations reports directly to The Equity Project’s Chief People and Services Officer
Compensation: The Director of Operations earns a competitive salary in the range of $90K to $100K based on the individual’s experience level, with benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. The Director of Operations has approximately 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days).