DART is a network of 23 diverse and multi-faith community organizations fighting for racial and economic justice in the Midwest, Plains, and southeastern US.
We’re hiring full-time community organizers who will train people of faith to hold political and economic systems accountable for acting fairly. This includes coaching clergy and lay leaders to uncover community problems, research solutions, and organize direct actions to call for change.
Positions start January 11, 2021 and August 9, 2021 in:
Florida: St. Petersburg, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Lakeland, Tampa, Sarasota, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach
Kansas: Topeka, Wyandotte County and Johnson County
Kentucky: Louisville, Lexington
***Our community organizers are currently working remotely until face to face meetings are safe****
During your first five months, you will receive intensive on-the-job training through the DART Organizers Institute. You will learn basic organizing principles and develop key organizing skills including: finding and developing leaders, issue research and strategy, power analysis, and one-to-one meetings. Ongoing professional development will continue through individualized coaching and mentoring, as well as local, regional, and national staff trainings and retreats.
· Train grassroots faith leaders in building strong justice ministry teams within their congregations
· Help leaders conduct research and develop action plans for winnable issue campaigns
· Recruit new leaders and congregations into the organization
· Organize annual 6-8 week fundraising drive
· Conduct an average of 8 one-to-one meetings with clergy and lay leaders per week
· Core passion for justice and equality
· Excellent relationship-building skills
· Exceptional work ethic
· Willingness to be trained to work with religious institutions
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a car
DART organizations are largely made up of low- and moderate-income, minority and immigrant communities. We strongly encourage people from these backgrounds, as well as fluent Spanish speakers and DACA recipients, to apply.
Starting salary $40,000 annually plus health benefits, with regular cost of living increases and performance-based raises. For candidates relocating more than 50 miles, $250 is paid to help cover relocation costs. Employer retirement contributions begin after one year of employment.
Apply at www.thedartcenter.org/apply
Applicants will only be contacted after they have filled out both parts of the application.