Reports to: Aquatics Director
Expected Start: May 2021
The Creek, Inc. is a private country club on the north shore of Long Island. We are seeking lifeguards and head lifeguards. These positions are part-time (up to 40 hours per week), seasonal positions responsible for the overall safety of the pool, deck surrounding the pool, and beach areas on the Long Island Sound. We are looking for guards to work all shifts: morning, afternoon, and evening hours. The lifeguard will report to the Aquatics Director.
· Ensure the safety of the pool or bathing beach.
· Remain diligent and alert through all shifts.
· Respond to any incident or emergency in the pool or beach areas.
· Enforce the rules of the pool and beach.
· Keep the pool deck and/or beachfront and surrounding areas clean and organized.
· Work with the security staff to effectively communicate with clients and respond to emergencies.
· Attend any supportive duties set forth by the Aquatics Director.
· Check lifeguard equipment regularly, and alert the Aquatics Director of any issues relating to safety.
· Certified as a Professional Lifeguard, including up-to-date CPR, First Aid, and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) training. (Nassau County certification preferred)
· American Red Cross Basic Lifeguard and Nassau county department of Parks, and recreation certification.
· Minimum 1-year experience lifeguarding in both pool and beach (calm water and waterfront) environments.
· The physical ability to perform routine duties including lifting and moving pool lines, lifeguard stands, touchpads, and other equipment.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· A record of integrity, reliability, and punctuality.
· A willingness to assist in additional responsibilities as set forth by the Aquatics Director
· Head lifeguards should have at least 5 years of lifeguarding experience, be at least 21 years of age, and hold current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding CPR/AED and Nassau County grade II and or III certification.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 – $21.00 per hour