UNITED STATES | UT-Salt Lake City
ID 270224, Type: Temporary Part-Time
Posting Dates: 08/31/2020 – No Closing Date
Job Family: Human Resources
Department: Welfare Self Reliance Department
- This internship is intended to provide highly-talented and motivated students opportunities to engage in meaningful work while utilizing practices learned in their educational institutions.
- This internship will be part-time. Minimum three-month commitment required. This internship is located in Salt Lake City at the Church office building. There is potential if desired for the internship to last up to a year for those interested.
1. Initiate general ledger file maintenance so that financial statement presentations will be accurate and meaningful.
2. Reconcile accounts, review reconciliations, and make sure that all outstanding items are properly cleared.
3. Prepare special studies and reports for departments and organizations as required.
4. Prepare journal entries and other adjustments to correct errors.
5. Consolidate accounting information for use in accounting statements and summaries.
6. Assist in preparing various financial estimates and expense reports.
7. Draft correspondence to appropriate parties regarding any differences that require investigation or further action.
8. Review and monitor invoices submitted for payment which exceed certain dollar amounts as defined by policy.
9. Audit project accounts for compliance to policy and correspond with appropriate parties regarding the status of these projects.
10.Help with other projects as assigned.
Paid Interns are qualified while enrolled in an educational institution and for one year following graduation. They must sign a Paid Internship Engagement Letter.
- Paid Interns are qualified while enrolled in an educational institution and for one year following graduation.
- Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or Finance) is required. Student in a Masters of Accounting program preferred. (For those doing the integrated MAC program they will consider someone who is a junior in their junior core.)
- Demonstrate a well-grounded knowledge of financial and accounting theory and a knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to perform ‘miracles’ using spreadsheets is required.
- Foreign language skill is required. Spanish/Portuguese language preferred.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.