This internship is entirely remote and accepts candidates from all over the United States of America.
The Center for Understanding in Conflict’s (CUC) virtual internship program provides students with an opportunity to work collaboratively with other interns on a variety of projects supporting on nonprofit’s mission of teaching understanding-based conflict resolution. Interns receive hands-on training and support from a CUC staff member throughout the program, including weekly team meetings and individual meetings. Interns have an opportunity to develop a variety of soft skills and are exposed to a variety of tools and techniques for remote work.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Available to work 10 – 15 hours per week
- Own computer with reliable internet connection
- Pursuing or have recently completed Associate’s or Bachelor’s in communications, marketing, or similar field
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, including analytical tools
- Creative mindset, ability to multitask, and work with a team
- Manage social media calendar
- Create social media posts
- 2 posts per day on each platform
- Track engagement (comments, audience growth, page views)
- Monitor similar organization activity
- Best practices / recommendations based on other organization’s posts and engagement
- Identify opportunities for collaboration (i.e. sharing external content, potential for cross-posting)