Individuals in our Supervisor in Training (SIT) program receive a broad and hands-on experience in all aspects of ethanol production within our business. This experience includes significant exposure to safety within the workplace, team building and leadership, and overall knowledge of ethanol production and facility management.
In the SIT program, you would expect a diverse experience in multiple operational situations, while developing key attributes needed to successfully lead a team of individuals at an ethanol production facility. Future relocation is required for this role.
This position will be based out of one of our five ethanol facilities across the United States.
This position is a management training role responsible for learning all aspects of Ethanol Operations. Trainees in our Supervisor in Training (SIT) program will receive formal and practical experiences through hands-on learning at one of our Ethanol Production Facility.
- Gain a working knowledge of ethanol group operations including but not limited to the functions associated with the production of fuel ethanol and associated co-products and the grain elevator co-product load out
- Gain necessary knowledge and experience to transition into a supervisor position within 12-24 months
- Develop skills to advance operational performance and efficiency amongst a diverse team
- Establish and promote a culture of safety
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Performs routine, entry-level assignments
- Knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts gained through education and/or experience
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction
- Prioritizes and meets deadlines
- Works independently and in a team environment
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Agriculture, Engineering, Chemistry, or related discipline required)
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience required (Production or Chemical environment preferred)
- Must be able to relocate
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
- Work is performed in a 24×7 Ethanol production facility.
- This position involves frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, fumes, noise, and potentially hazardous material.
- Must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 – 100 pounds frequently; some work performed in heights.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.