Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Palo Alto, CA
- Fremont, CA
About the Team
As an Embedded Systems Engineering intern, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of Tesla powertrains, vehicles and energy storage systems. Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles and delivers energy.
What to Expect
- Deliver high quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
- Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization.
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software.
- Proficiency in C; familiarity with MISRA C a plus.
- Experience scripting in Python, SQL, MATLAB.
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools
- Controls software and algorithm development.
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
- Experience with TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers a plus.