Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Lathrop, CA
- Reno, NV
About the Team
The Logistics team leads our inbound and outbound transportation management, fleet management, materials handling, order fulfillment, logistics network design, and management of third-party logistics services providers. Within logistics, the global trade & compliance department is responsible in maintaining a high level of compliance with import, customs and export rules. Your role with this group will provide transparency into one of the largest global networks being established today.
What to Expect
The Logistics Intern will ensure our partners are provided with excellent service throughout the shipment process including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution. We’ll teach you to drive excellence through regular meetings with 3rd party logistics partners and Tesla team members by being heavily involved in the following:
- Craft processes and systems to creatively move goods to and from hubs and destinations.
- Train teams on methodologies and implement a unified distribution handbook.
- Mitigate “one-offs” but know how and when to partner and execute unusual requests.
- Timely preparation of all required documentation to meet required delivery dates, including updates for CMP, rate sheets, etc.
- Coach utilization of Tesla Logistics Mobile Application to Drivers and Internal teams.
- Booking & coordination of smartest means to transport goods within expected requirements.
- Current Undergraduate, Graduate, or MBA student; focus on Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering Management, or UX/UI Design
- 3+ internship, project, or work experience related to this area of expertise.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and excellent time management skills.